Certificate related queries: Indian endoresement on UK COC
Print Page | Close Window

Indian endoresement on UK COC

Printed From: Jobships.com
Category: Training, Courses, Examination and Certification
Forum Name: Certificate related queries
Forum Discription: Topics related to certificate issuance, renewal procedures are discussed here.
URL: http://www.jobships.com/forum//forum_posts.asp?TID=73
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 10:49pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 8.02 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Indian endoresement on UK COC
Posted By: Sumit
Subject: Indian endoresement on UK COC
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2005 at 5:48pm
Hi Gentleman, Do you have any idea of Procedures to Get Indian MMD/DG Shipping Endoresement on U.K. Certficate of Comptemcy ? Rgds

Replies:
Posted By: Aks
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2005 at 7:39am
Hi, UK CoC will be endorsed only by the issuing authority (MCA). DGS isnt authorised to endorse on UK COC!! rgds..

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2005 at 3:28pm
Hi Aks, Txs for your posting, My querry was to serve on Indian ship , Indian National with U.K. C.O.C. has to get a endoresement certficate ( Which otherwise Known as Ceretficate of Recognition) from MMD / DG Shipping, I believe which is only issued by MMD/DG. Anyone have any Idea.

Posted By: Aks
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2005 at 4:40pm
Cert of Recognition: There is an application form available at MMD, If not available a request letter will do. Submit photo-copy of yr Certificate of Competency + Valid Medical+ Draft for INR.1000. It takes abt 2 weeks to receive the cert. Cheers..

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2005 at 5:39pm
Thks Aks, Apart from application , do you have to appear for any Oral examination with MMD Surveyor ? to get C.O.R. Please Advise.

Posted By: Anonymous
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2005 at 8:03pm
no u dont have to sit for any oral or written exam at the mmd. jus the documents and 1000 bucks.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2006 at 4:09am
i disagree. have been through the same stuff earlier. u have to pay 6000+1000 Rs and also give an oral exam for the same.But instead of wasting time asking for these questions on net here would be better to go to the Mmd for the same. Capt.Nerlekar

Posted By: dude
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2006 at 8:43pm
hi guys just been back frm MMD you can get indian chem or gas endorsements if u hav uk coc but u will get it on a sepsrate paper and not on ur coc after mmd has checked the validity of ur coc with mca this takes abt 2 days. and if you wantr to sail on indian flag ship and hav uk coc u hav to apply for coe/cor frm mmd this takes abt 3to 4 days no orals for 2nd mates but if u hav mates or masters ticket u hav to go 4 orals brgds DUDE

Posted By: arunv
Date Posted: 10 May 2006 at 10:05am
Is this correct? I am not aware of any country which undertakes an Oral exam prior to Issuing an endorsement (Recognition) of a foreign certificate under STCW Reg I/10. They either recognise other Certs on the White List or they don't. Even before STCW made these endorsements compulsory, India had a long standing agreement with other commonwealth countries (except Australia) to recognise each other's certificates as valid for service on a mutual basis.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2006 at 8:01pm
Orals- Yes UK and Australia both conduct orals for those holding foreign Masters CoC's and interested in sailing on UK or Australian ships as a Master. That I know for sure cuz I went through the rigour of getting one recently.

Posted By: Paresh Acharya
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2006 at 6:45am
Hello Guys,
In 2001 sailed on a SCI PVC Tanker as Master with my UK COC. The entire endorsement procedure was done by SCI, did not appear for any orals or paid any money.
Cpt.Acharya.

Posted By: PUSHPARAJA SHETTY
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2006 at 1:48am
hi
please give details regarding getting coc from UK or singapore on MEO Cl IV (NCV)

Posted By: CAPT V C TEWARI
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2006 at 8:24am
u ver lucky. things changed with time. now u have 2.

Posted By: anand udhoji
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2006 at 6:29am
hi,
  I've been sailing as an electrical officer & wanted to switch over to marine engg side.I am considering uk as they have NVQ scheme for experienced seafarers.
Does anyone have an idea about such type of scheme in any other countries.
Please advice.

Posted By: chittaranjan naik
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2007 at 9:50am
Hello Sir,

Is it possible to sit for ch.mate and masters exam in india with a UK 2nd mates COC. Pls reply.
best regards
Chittaranjan Naik

Posted By: Gavin Domnic Sequeira
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 2:50am
hi i got a uk mates coc with a australian gmdss cert and stcw courses done in australia too. is it possible for me to get a indian equivalent licence or will i have to do the indian/uk gmdss and stcw courses in india/uk.

Posted By: Gavin Domnic Sequeira
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Gavin Domnic Sequeira

hi i got a uk mates coc with a australian gmdss cert and stcw courses done in australia too. is it possible for me to get a indian equivalent licence or will i have to do the indian/uk gmdss and stcw courses in india/uk.

Posted By: Shobhit Seth
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 7:41am
I just applied for Indian COE , had to do a 3 day course at LBS and then apply for it in MMD.
Now my question is that i have a gas dce endorsed on my UK class 2 coc so
do i need to apply for a Indian DCE also?? or will the indian COE with Uk coc having gas endorsement is sufficient to sail on indian flag ships. 

Posted By: Nitin Tripathi
Date Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 10:50am

Hi Sobhit

Can you pls detail your steps required for obtaining Indian COE (on UK COC).
I am also applying for the same and have booked IML course at LBS.
I am holding Class 2 COC from UK. What I understand is that only Master/ 1st mates have to do this course?
thanx- Nitin

Posted By: Paramjit Battu
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 3:49pm
SmileSmileHi,
Please can you advise where I can get hold of study material for the IML - Orals for UK-Master CoC inorder to obtain Indian equivalent. I don't have time to wait for the 3 day course, as it is held only once in 2 months.
Are the sample questions available anywhere. PEASE HELP.
my email  is   mailto:paramjit.battu@gmail.com - paramjit.battu@gmail.com

Posted By: Paramjit Battu
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 3:52pm
Hi,
Please can you advise where I can get hold of study material for the IML - Orals for UK-Master CoC inorder to obtain Indian equivalent. I don't have time to wait for the 3 day course, as it is held only once in 2 months.
Are the sample questions available anywhere. PEASE HELP.
my email  is   mailto:paramjit.battu@gmail.com - paramjit.battu@gmail.com

Posted By: PRADEEP SAHU
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 1:22am
Dear Friends , here is my exp.since 11/03/2013  . first sent a mail about the procedure , no reply . make pn call reply cms hv to visit the exam section personally . ok visited 1st day said no inquiry . come after 2 day . visited given the form and one additional form to fill the cadet detail . went to company .attested all the photo copies and photo and filled the cadet detail .on 18/03/2013 went to mmd mumbai . the dealing assistance verified all documents ,verfy my coc on the net and put a cross on my bank challan and ask me to go to surveryor mr samir narayanan for a date to appear for an oral .as i dont hv iml course . then the surveryor says me to get a letter from company that The trainee whose name is written THAT THE TRAINEE IS NOT UNDER THE TONNAGE TAX BENEFIT .  what is the hell to your laws . u may fabricate thousand laws no problem ( because u r seas are the dirtiest in the world, u r ships are very dangerous to sail , u r marine causaility and accidents are rarest of its kind ) but u dont have any right to take my 7000 INR . cause u r application form doesnt say about it. u r checklist not mention about the certificate . u r website doesnt hv any information .(just put search on mmd website ) u r inquiry department doesnot know . u r dealing assistance doesnot say about the certificate before stricking my bank challan .
so u mmd department return my INR 7000. u ethically sd not be in the business.more over the arrogant attitude of the surveroyer is very pathetic and painful as if he is not a govt SERVANT and our money only he takes as salary .
The mmd department is a total CAOS , cause u go to mcga UK website and type COE all the necessary detail will come nothing more nothing less . here in India mmd checking the competency of candidate  but who is going to check their competency  their quality policy and their professionalism ?????????????

Posted By: PRADEEP SAHU
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 1:26am
Dear Friends , here is my exp.since 11/03/2013 . first sent a mail about the procedure , no reply . make pn call reply cms hv to visit the exam section personally . ok visited 1st day said no inquiry . come after 2 day . visited given the form and one additional form to fill the cadet detail . went to company .attested all the photo copies and photo and filled the cadet detail .on 18/03/2013 went to mmd mumbai . the dealing assistance verified all documents ,verfy my coc on the net and put a cross on my bank challan and ask me to go to surveryor mr samir narayanan for a date to appear for an oral .as i dont hv iml course . then the surveryor says me to get a letter from company that The trainee whose name is written THAT THE TRAINEE IS NOT UNDER THE TONNAGE TAX BENEFIT . what is the hell to your laws . u may fabricate thousand laws no problem ( because u r seas are the dirtiest in the world, u r ships are very dangerous to sail , u r marine causaility and accidents are rarest of its kind ) but u dont have any right to take my 7000 INR . cause u r application form doesnt say about it. u r checklist not mention about the certificate . u r website doesnt hv any information .(just put search on mmd website ) u r inquiry department doesnot know . u r dealing assistance doesnot say about the certificate before stricking my bank challan .
so u mmd department return my INR 7000. u ethically sd not be in the business.more over the arrogant attitude of the surveroyer is very pathetic and painful as if he is not a govt SERVANT and our money only he takes as salary .
The mmd department is a total CAOS , cause u go to mcga UK website and type COE all the necessary detail will come nothing more nothing less . here in India mmd checking the competency of candidate but who is going to check their competency their quality policy and their professionalism ?????????????

Posted By: Rahul Kesarwani
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 6:58pm
Hi can you give me your no. i needed some advice

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Jobships Forums version 8.02 - http://www.jobships.com
Copyright ©2000-2006 Jobships.com - http://www.jobships.com