Jobships.comRelated Topics
 Maritime Discussion :Jobships.com Related Topics :Jobships.comRelated Topics
Topic: Advertisements on Jobships.com Post Reply Post New Topic
Administrator
Admin Group
Admin Group
Quote Administrator Replybullet Topic: Advertisements on Jobships.com
    Posted: 01 Mar 2003 at 1:45pm
All vacancies posted on Jobships.com are those which the concerned comapny has advertised and the date of posting of those vacancy is alos written along with the advertisemet. Any advertisement normaly is active for 7 days from the date of posting, leaving some exceptional cases, where the vacancy is full within one or two days. We request you please check the date of advertisement before you contact the company.
IP IP Logged
SAM
Jobships Member
Jobships Member

Quote SAM Replybullet Posted: 07 Mar 2003 at 1:42pm
It is quiet often found that there is no genuine vacancies posted on the website bcoz when contact is made to a company for the respective rank they are looking for, the answer is usually no opening which in turns makes me think about the genuiness of the vacancies posted. Is it possible to place only vacancies that are really genuine and require candidate with a specific period. Your website has been a great help to indian seaferers and really a worth website to visit.
IP IP Logged
Anonymous

Quote  Anonymous Replybullet Posted: 14 Oct 2004 at 6:26am
RAHUL, I SUGGEST YOU PREPARE A GOOD RESUME EITHER BY YOURSELF OR BY EXPERTS IN JOBSHIPS.COM AND UPLOAD IT IN JOBSHIPS WEBSITE. I THINK THIS MAY HELP YOU TO GET A SUITABLE JOB IN SHIPPING INDUSTRY.
IP IP Logged
Anonymous

Quote  Anonymous Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 4:54pm
Of late i have found that a company with no genuine vacany is advertising continiously from the month of june 05.What is happening to this site which was once a genuine one.Please check the credentials of the company before leasing them space continiously on your home page.This company has only recently commenced operations in india with connections in Geneva.I have been a victim as my application was held from the month of june and a job promised for the post applied.Now in August I have been told that there are no vacancies yet the ad appears on home page continiously.tks.All the best.
IP IP Logged
mike D'Souza
Jobships Member
Jobships Member

Quote mike D'Souza Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 10:17pm
mike D'Souza's views: The job vacancy advertised depends upon the following, 1, New companies just want to collect as many resume as possible before they look for shipping company which will give them the manning rights, that means your resume was used for their marketing purposes. 2, Some established companies, would like to have some people on their waiting list, anticipating more ships in their manning list. 3. There are some companies who have no ships, would like to sell your resumes to other manning companies! 4. And there are some companies who have never seen a ship before, would like to check your resumes to find out what course you have not done and they will arrange for the course to get their commissions! I am sure there is no way to find out which one is genuine vacany, watch out there are lot of people who are making a leaving on the seamen's ignorance. I know a company which repeatedly posts vacany for the all the crew, he sends the crew for medicals and other courses, the medical fees itself is Rs 8000. He gets around 20 candidates per day mostly new comers, think of a commission of Rs 5000/person from the doctor! This way nobody can blame the company taking the money! (Message edited by admin on August 22, 2005)
IP IP Logged
T.C.RAJEEV
Jobships Member
Jobships Member

Quote T.C.RAJEEV Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 2006 at 5:12pm
hi mike
why dont u name the person or the company.let every one be aware
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version